GENERAL CAMPING RULES
- Campsite check-in is at 12:00 pm (noon) on the day of arrival.
- Campsite checkout is 10:00 am on the day of departure.
- At least one adult, 18 or older, shall accompany each camping group.
- No more than two (2) vehicles may be present overnight at a campsite.
- No more than twelve (12) people can stay in a campsite overnight.
- No vehicles or equipment may be stationed within ten (10) feet of the sand dune fencing.
- Walking or driving on the sand dunes is strictly prohibited. Park privileges may be revoked or a civil citation issued for any violation.
- All vehicles, campfires, and camping equipment must remain within the bounds of the campsite at all times and must not block the travel lane. See below for additional information about campfires.
- Glass containers are strictly prohibited. It is illegal to possess spirituous liquor and or fortified wine per NC General Statute 18B-301.
- Trash must be removed by all visitors. A Pack It In, Pack It Out policy is in place. Failure to clean and remove all trash and personal items from campsite will result in a civil citation. See below for additional information.
- Tents and camping equipment must not be left unattended in a campsite beyond the reservation period. Day tents, canopies, other similar devices, and camping equipment that are left unattended may be removed from the park by the Town of Carolina Beach without notice.
- Dogs must be on a leash April 1st through September 30th. All owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animal. Please see below for additional details.
- Only normal camping and beach furniture will be allowed onto Freeman Park. No commonly known household furniture such as couches, chairs, non-inflatable mattress, box springs, etc. are permitted.
- As a courtesy to other campers, please observe the campground quiet hours. Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm until 7:00 am.
- Do not attempt to remove or adjust the campsite boundaries markers for any reason.
- No concealed weapons without a valid North Carolina concealed handgun permit. NC General Statute 14-415.23 and NC general Statute 14-415.11(C2) shall be enforced.
- Fireworks are not permit at any time.
- Camping or sleeping in a vehicle for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days is not allowed.
Pre-purchase Camping Spots at Freeman Park